V-Girls is a global network of girl activists and advocates empowering themselves and one another to change the world, one girl at a time. Inspired by Eve Ensler’s best selling book I Am an Emotional Creature: The Secret Life of Girls, V-Girls is a platform for girls to amplify their voices and ignite their activism.
V-Girls is rooted in youth-driven activism and led by the vision and strategy of the V-Girls Action Team, a dynamic of girl activists from around the world, and supported by mentors, parents, educators, and girl advocates.
About I Am an Emotional Creature: The Secret Life of Girls
Eve Ensler’s latest work, I Am an Emotional Creature: The Secret Life of Girls Around the World is a collection of original monologues about and for girls. The book aims to inspire girls to take agency over their minds, bodies, hearts and curiosities.
I Am an Emotional Creature chronicles stories inspired by girls around the globe. Too often girls must struggle between remaining strong and true to themselves and conforming to society’s expectations in an attempt to please. I Am an Emotional Creature is a celebration of the authentic voice inside every girl and an inspiring call to action for girls everywhere to speak up, empower themselves, and follow their dreams.
V-Day believes that girls are the future of our movement. Women are the primary resource of our planet. It is imperative to educate and nurture future activists so we can see our vision of a world free from violence against women and girls come true.
- V-Day is an organized response against violence toward women.
- V-Day is a vision: We see a world where women live safely and freely.
- V-Day is a demand: Rape, incest, battery, genital mutilation and sexual slavery must end now.
- V-Day is a spirit: We believe women should spend their lives creating and thriving rather than surviving or recovering from terrible atrocities.
- V-Day is a catalyst: By raising money and consciousness, it will unify and strengthen existing anti-violence efforts. Triggering far-reaching awareness, it will lay the groundwork for new educational, protective, and legislative endeavors throughout the world.
- V-Day is a process: We will work as long as it takes. We will not stop until the violence stops.
- V-Day is a day. We proclaim Valentine?s Day as V-Day, to celebrate women and end the violence.
- V-Day is a fierce, wild, unstoppable movement and community. Join us!